Quantity: 1 available
Praise for Workforce Wake-Up Call
"Great questions + great thinkers = novel ideas. Workforce Wake-Up Call deals with the challenges of getting, revitalizing, treating (engaging), and leading talent in today's workplace. These talent issues are at the core of successful organizations. And the authors deal with these challenges as a marvelous mix of theory, research, and practice. This anthology offers practical insights that give hope for mastering the challenges of the new workforce."
--David Ulrich, Professor, Ross School of Business University of Michigan and Partner, The RBL Group
"In the near future, there will be dramatic shifts in workplace practices and a further evolution of employment relationships. The authors provide provocative insights that help business leaders better navigate the talent maze and workforce challenges."
--J. Randall MacDonald, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, IBM
"This book addresses the question that all companies need to answer: Are your talent management efforts competitively positioning the business? The global economy is leveling the playing field on many fronts, leaving talent as the one true area where your company can gain leverage in the marketplace. Change is proving to be a constant in the workplace, and the authors have created a great blueprint for handling these ever-present challenges in the recruitment and retention of your workforce. This book is a must-read for any executive serious about building a high-performing team and achieving sustainable advantage for both today and tomorrow."
--Dennis Donovan, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, The Home Depot
"The best ideas from the best minds on the workforce of the future "
--Marshall Goldsmith, author or coeditor of twenty books, including The Leader of the Future (a BusinessWeek bestseller) and Global Leadership: The Next Generation
Contributors to Workforce Wake-Up Call include:
* Max Bazerman, Harvard Business Schoolcoauthor of Predictable Surprises
* Peter Cappelli, The Wharton School author of The New Deal at Work
* Lynda Gratton, London Business School author of The Democratic Enterprise
* Ed Lawler, University of Southern California author of Treat People Right
* Thomas Malone, MIT Sloan School of Management author of The Future of Work
* N. R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman of Infosys Technologies Limited
* Nigel Nicholson, London Business School author of Executive Instinct
* Jeffrey Pfeffer, Stanford University author of The Human Equation
* Matt Schuyler, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Capital One
* Ricardo Semler, President of Semco author of The Seven-Day Weekend
* Noel Tichy, University of Michigan author of The Leadership Engine
* Sheila Wellington, Stern School of Business author of Be Your Own Mentor
Title: Workforce Wake-Up Call: Your Workforce is Changing, Are You
Edition: First Edition
Publisher: Wiley: July 2006
ISBN Number: 0471773484
ISBN Number 13: 9780471773481
Book Condition: Collectible - Very Good
Jacket Condition: Very Good
Item: 19.20 Item
Seller ID: 27237
Description: A first edition. Book is clean and tight. We put tracking on every shipment.